Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

'72 Premier 303

Hi folks, recently picked up a set of 1972 Premier 303 12", 16" and 20". Love them so far. Thought I would share.

Just got the shells (no snare or old hardware) Although I have some vintage hardware I got years ago with an old Stewart set. Nothing special except for mostly vintage Japanese hardware (cymbal stands, propedal hi-hat stand and one Ludwig cymbal stand).

Also had a few older cymbals, 1 22in Zyn and a bunch of CBS Materworks (made in Canada)

I am missing the "dagger" style tom arm and could use a couple of tension rods to fit the 16" floor tom as well as the 12" tom. Posted the same in the wanted to buy section.

If anyone knows where to get them please let me know.

Thanks

Thomas

Posted on 8 years ago

Those are nice. Interesting .. is that a sparkle wrap? Or what is the official name of the wrap? Seems like it was exclusive to Premier only...

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

I believe they called it "Silver Star" - someone else may have more specific or correct info but that is what I have found so far.

Posted on 8 years ago

I have an 8x14 that has wrap like this. I thought it wasn't original. Now it makes me wonder. The wrinkle or wave doesn't seem as tight or small as this on mine....

jason

Posted on 8 years ago

Can you post a close up pic of the wrap please?

jason

Posted on 8 years ago

I will snap a pic of them when I get home later today. In the meantime they look to be the exact same kit as the gentleman who posted here awhile ago

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=37869

Posted on 8 years ago

From the '72 catalogue

1 attachments
150.2 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Here is a close up of the finish. Thanks Dukekamaya for posting the catalog page.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here