Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

'71 Slingerland Avante Outfit No. 60N Lavender Satin Flame

Holy smokes! I think I've just seen my new favorite style drum wrap. That kit is sweet!

-Jeff

Posted on 11 years ago

I"m not able to post pictures. I do have a pic on my phone that I can send to an email adress or text to a phone if someone is interested.

Posted on 11 years ago

Wow!! What a great kit. That's a wicked cool wrap color too and it looks mint. Excellent job on these they look like fun to play. Hey nothing wrong setting up lefty it's your natural way to play~! Anyhooo many congrats!! Cool1

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Wow...amazing! Mind Blowi

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words FFR428, They're not exactly mint as they have their share of scuffs and spider cracks but it's fairly minimal for a Satin Flame wrap. And YES they're fun to play. They really sound great, too. I'm using coated Ambassador X heads on the snare and toms for the batters and clear standard Ambassadors on the bottom. I'm really loving the X's. The Amb. X's are 20% thicker than a standard Amb. providing me with a bit more life. There's also an X-14 that's a single ply 14 mil. On the B.D. I'm using a Powerstroke 3 coated on the batter and an Ambassador on the front with a felt strip under the front head and it sounds HUGE. For me it's just the sound I want from these tubs.The band loves them, too.

1981 Slingerland Magnum 8pc Pewter Silk
1971 Slingerland Avante 60N Lavender Satin Flame
1976/7 Ludwig Vistalite 5pc Yellow
1980's Ludwig Rocker 5pc Black
2004 Gretsch Catalina Birch Caribbean Blue
1998 Noble & Cooley Alloy Classic 14X4.75
1922 Bower Snare
Posted on 11 years ago

That is one coooool looking kit. Cool1

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 11 years ago