Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

70s Vintage Walberg & Auge Orange Sparkle Kit For Sale With Vintage Hardware and Hi-H

70s Vintage Walberg & Auge Orange Sparkle Kit For Sale With Vintage Hardware and Hi-Hat Cymbals Asking $1950.

Seacoast NH/ Southern Maine/ Boston

All Gretsch / Jasper Shells.

Very rare matching snare - a real beauty.

All correct hardware, hex head T-rods, die cast rims.

Bass Drum has been put together and with all correct Walberg & Auge claws and spurs since I took this picture. Yes, it's wrap is faded but the wrap is otherwise in very fine condition and the drum looks great when the whole kit is set up. And most importantly, sounds great!

Everything in the pictures is included. Vintage hardware includes: Walberg & Auge Buck Rogers snare stand, Walberg & Auge kick pedal, Pearl cymbal stand, Slingerland hi-hat stand, and Ludwig double tom mount. Hi-Hat cymbals include a very nice vintage Zildjian. Though heads are not brand new, they are all in good shape and very playable.

Everything's been polished and cleaned since these pics.

[Attachment: 136090] [Attachment: 136091][Attachment: 136092] [Attachment: 136093]

[Attachment: 136094]

Posted on 2 years ago

Hi drummergrl!

PM sent

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Mark, it was slow going but I figured out how to get the pictures in the post. I had to resize them all. Thanks for the offer of help! :)

Posted on 2 years ago

You did a great job with the pictures! Excellent set of W&A drums!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Good luck with selling your Walberg & Auge drums. If I were still in acquisition mode, I'd be very interested in buying them. The tom holder on the bass drum is a short-lived Gretsch item. There's a good chance that W&A made the tom holder for Gretsch and for themselves. Aside from looking strange, it worked beautifully. Here's a 1972 W&A set that I used to own.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

OH wow, very much like the kit I have for sale. What a beauty!

How long ago did you sell it and how did you sell it, on this forum?

Isn't it funny the huge role Walberg & Auge had in the history of American drum and drum accessory making and yet how few know of them and their amazing contribution.

Posted on 2 years ago

From idrum4fun

You did a great job with the pictures! Excellent set of W&A drums!-Mark

Hey, thanks again Mark, I'm proud of the work I did on them. I really have to set them up and take a current picture of their excellence with all the W&A hardware I hunted down.

Posted on 2 years ago

From drummergrl

OH wow, very much like the kit I have for sale. What a beauty! How long ago did you sell it and how did you sell it, on this forum?Isn't it funny the huge role Walberg & Auge had in the history of American drum and drum accessory making and yet how few know of them and their amazing contribution.

I bought the drum set nearly ten years ago in Fort Worth, Texas. I traded it a few years later to a guy, who contacted me on the other drum forum. I'm sorry that I don't remember what drums he traded for the W&A set. Until shortly before I bought the pictured W&A set and two other sets of the same brand, I only knew the company's name for making drum hardware.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here