Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

70s Slingerland

Here is a question. I bought a 70s set of Slingerland drums with metal bass rims. The wrap is all wrinkled and I can put my hand under it. I am thinking about taking it off until I can get them re wrapped and play them bare for a while. What do you think?

I am used to playing a monster Ludwig kit 14" 15" and 16" Toms with 16" 18" and 20 Floor toms and I am not used to the so called regular sizes, so the jury is out on that for now. It is almost like driving a compact after driving a SUV for a while. But I hate splitting my kit for smaller vinues. That is why I got the Slingerlands.

Danny

Posted on 16 years ago

I would take the wrap off and see if the shells are nice the way they are after a good sanding... That would probably be the cheapest way to go...

You could also wrap them yourself and it would be a bigger project, but very feasable for a first timer..

Either way if you get the shells wrap ready you can save some money if you have a professional wrap them...

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here