Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

70's Slingerland Throwoff Knob

I am missing the knob on the throw off of the Slingerland snare I just picked up. If anyone has one to sell could you please contact me. I would rather not have to buy the whole piece. I put a pic up below of what I have so far. Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From ec_curtis

I am missing the knob on the throw off of the Slingerland snare I just picked up. If anyone has one to sell could you please contact me. I would rather not have to buy the whole piece. I put a pic up below of what I have so far. Thanks

I have found them. Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

Hello. Just joined this group, time to seek out a few possibilities. Can you please provide where you found some knobs? Looking for two to complete one steel and one wood snare drum.Help2 Many Thanks

Posted on 7 years ago

This issue has been discussed many times on the forum. Bottom line is that once the knob comes off, it usually won't go back on and stay on. I've repair quite of few of these by using a Slingerland muffler knob. The Zoomatic shaft is 5mm, so I purchased a 5mm drill bit and drilled out the hole in the knob. Doesn't take much metal off the inner threads, but enough to require the knob to be pressed back onto the shaft. Once on, it won't come off! Hope my pictures are helpful.

Forgot to mention that my fix assumes that the splines on the shaft are still good.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Also forgot to mention that, besides the shaft and knob, you'll also need the pressure washer that mounts on the inside of the body.

This link should help... http://vintagedrumguide.com/zoomatic_strainer_repair.html

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

From idrum4fun

Also forgot to mention that, besides the shaft and knob, you'll also need the pressure washer that mounts on the inside of the body. This link should help... http://vintagedrumguide.com/zoomatic_strainer_repair.html-Mark

Plus... an "E" clip is a great substitute for the pressed washer, whilst some people have used metal "Fender" instrument style control knobs in place of the hard to find Slingerland knob..

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 7 years ago

From longjohn

Plus... an "E" clip is a great substitute for the pressed washer, whilst some people have used metal "Fender" instrument style control knobs in place of the hard to find Slingerland knob..CheersJohn

+1 with what John has said! Definitely a great alternative. In fact, I have a COB GK snare drum with a really nice metal guitar knob, with pearl inlay! Need to take a picture and post it!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks! funny...I have a few stereo and amp knobs that I was thinking of using as well...look through my salvage and see if any dapper knobs will do the trick...

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here