Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

70s Pearl w/fibreglass parts

Hey there,

my 70s pearl kit has been sitting in the corner of my room for years. today i decided to pull it out and fix up all the little things that caused me to pack it away in the first place.

one of my issues is a threaded bass drum leg bracket (see the part on the right side of the image). i went to the local hardware store to buy some epoxy and a tap to rethread the socket but having not done that before i'm anticipating a disaster.

basically, can anyone suggest a way for me to track down a part like this? i live in Australia and have asked a couple of drum shops and they just look at me like Coffee Break2

thanks in advance for any helps,

cheers!

[img]http://s22.postimg.org/ms2z9l3ct/IMAG0570.jpg[/img]

Posted on 11 years ago

try a helicoil to repair the stripped thread, i thought i have seen these parts after market on the net, but os so shipping always jacks up the price.

Posted on 11 years ago

You may want to consider reverse engineering this-drill thru the hole where the t-stud went in and wind a bolt in from the back side,using epoxy to fix it into the stripped housing.Grind the bolt head flat and then just use a similar style wing nut to tighten down the spur leg.This is how the newer ones work-The bolt could even be more of a flat headed,phillips screw with a tapered head so no grinding would be needed!

Posted on 11 years ago

A few weeks ago these were for sale here... may be worth the investment.

Cheers

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=36958

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 11 years ago

fantastic! thanks for all your help, guys.

maybe i'll post a pic of the finished project sometime :)

cheers,

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here