Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

70's Ludwig what's it worth?

Hi all Newby here,

Great site I might add!

I'm looking at a 70's one owner kit... Maple Classic B/O badged 4 piece. 22 kick, 12, 13, 16fl. tom in a wrap, 6-ply ... Great condition. Included tom mount, Fl tom legs, Kick legs.

...Any thoughts would be appreciated.

~thx

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello and welcome. There is no way to make any kind of valuation without several detailed pictures showing various aspects of the drums in question. However, that being said, the current "collectible" state of 6-ply Ludwigs is negligible.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

O-Lugs,

Much thanks...and understood, I'll work on the pictures. This is a gig kit for those not so desirable places...the DW's i'm keepin' for me to ruin. ;-)

I'm looking for that vintage sound, for smaller venues and this caught my eye.

...Anyone else just a ballpark figure? I'm told 4-5 is a buy, and don't go over 7-8.

Thanks Again.

Posted on 16 years ago

If they came complete with all stands and pedals and were in excellent -mint-like "new" condition, then maaaaaybe $500 would be reasonable but for a few hundred more, you could get a really nice used Ludwig Standard kit (which have the same 3-ply shells that everyone desires for the 'true' Ludwig sound)or for the same money you might be able to piece together some individual 3-ply drums. I'm not saying the 6-ply drums were bad. Some people really like them. But most Ludwig fans HAVE to have the 3-ply sound. Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a 6-ply kit but to each his own!Jumping2

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Cool thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here