Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

70's Ludwig Stainless Steel Kit - Need Info Please!

Hello All! I have been offered a late 70's Ludwig stainless steel kit 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 22, complete with 6.5" Supra and what looks to be Atlas hardware. All are concert toms, including the floor toms (actually, so is the bass drum). These are not chrome over wood, but actual steel shells. I've never seen them in person before this kit. So what do you all say? Worth it to pick them up? What would be a fair price for these? Thanks for humoring me!

Posted on 14 years ago

A fair price??? Just slightly less than the cost of a Fair but more than a Carnival. Those drums are costly - as is that snare! The prices are all over the place to nail down specifics...especially without pics. I've seen them go unsold on ebay for less than 1k and then saw them sell for almost 2k the next month. Who knows what someone will pay. Personally, I wouldn't pay much for them 'cause they are so doggone loud. I don't play those gigs anymore. There are those out there that would pay top dollar for the kit and keep them in their basement dreaming of sitting in with Zep. So, who the heck knows.

The point I wanted to make here (I tend to ramble) is that the snare has value apart from the kit. The kit has value to collectors and dreamers. ALL value is going to be determined by condition. Without pics - hard to tell.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks mcjnic. Unfortunately, I have no pics. What I can tell you is that I couldn't believe how immaculate they were... I almost needed sunglasses!

Posted on 14 years ago

Then, I would say they are worth a bit of dough. The latest run on ebay brought up a 22/16/13/12 in good condition that went for 950. There were several that went unsold for more than that. Another that sold was at a bit of 1000. That's what I see. The snare should be sold apart from the kit to maximize monies. Your call.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks again! I'll see what kind of deal I can swing. If I get them, the supra will be staying right here with me! Yes Sir

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here