Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

70's Ludwig Black Beauty - recording

Hi Guy's,

A couple off weeks ago I opened up a post regarding a pointed badge Ludwig Black Beauty, its year & shell type. After some interesting discussion, superb help from David & some further investigation (alot of!) I came to the conclusion that it is infact a brass shell & managed to get its year narrowed down to 1979 so thanks for all your help. I also said I was going to film a bit of recording I was doing with it to show you guys the exact snare that we'd been discussing. Its a touch out of focus but if you click on this link [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwYxk5EQ0ko[/ame] it'll take you to it, I think it sounds great.

Cheers, Garvey.

www.patgarvey.net
Posted on 15 years ago

That sounded funky dude!!! I felt like I was watching the montage act of a 70's movie where the protagonist is making his rounds finding out about what he needs to know to catch the villain!!Cool1

I don't know anything about the snare you are talking about nor can I play that good, I just thought I would put in my :2Cents:.

Sounded awesome!!

drumhack

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 15 years ago

Very good, I like that! Thank you. It is a great sounding drum isn't it.

www.patgarvey.net
Posted on 15 years ago

It's how a snare should sound. Outstanding and, nice groove my man. Not easy to take a synth heavy tune and make it sound like that.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

It is indeed how a snare should sound & thanks for your kind words. That is a nice collection of snare drums you have there man!

www.patgarvey.net
Posted on 15 years ago

Man, that's a killer! I am now officially in my own quest to snatch one of those black beauties. Bowing

I missed the other topic(s) about it, is it 6.5" in depth or?

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah man, its a 14 x 6.5" - The bottom end is really out there when you find that sweet spot on the 6.5. Do it, it'll be one of the best purchases you'll ever make!

www.patgarvey.net
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here