Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

70s CB-700 kit

The is my CB-700 kit setup with my Ludwig (Transition Era) Marching Snare and my 78 Rogers Dynasonic on the side.

Setup for a Christian Rock Concert this last December out side of my old High School.

1 attachments
1959 Rogers Classmate Snare
1959 Ludwig/WFL Marching Snare
Posted on 12 years ago

Excellent! Your kit has the style of lug I really like. I recently obtained a CB-700 Parallel-Lay snare drum with this lug. Pictures will be posted soon. Thank for sharing your kit!

Posted on 12 years ago

I wish I could get my hands on a CB-700 Snare with those lugs. That's the only thing I don't have to the kit anymore. I have two other toms to the kit but the other photo I posted got deleted.

Posted on 12 years ago

I really like the look of these particular lugs! Here's a link to the snare drum at VintageDrumGuide... http://vintagedrumguide.com/cb700_snare_drums_catalog_pages.html

I stumbled onto it on eBay for $65 BIN and couldn't resist. It's in great shape and sounds excellent. The original snare wires were a bit tweaked, so I just install a set of Puresound wires on it. I believe they took the same wires as a Slingerland RK that uses the Clamshell strainer.

Posted on 12 years ago

Back when CB-700's had quality.

Posted on 12 years ago

From steveund

I wish I could get my hands on a CB-700 Snare with those lugs. That's the only thing I don't have to the kit anymore. I have two other toms to the kit but the other photo I posted got deleted.

I've got a metal/chrome CB-700 "Educator Series" 10-lug snare drum that HAD those types of lugs -- but two of them broke so I replaced them with the standard "Asain/Pearl type" lugs. I then sold the other 8 to someone who needed them.

The rest of the SD is original -- if you could find the replacement lugs (which do show up on eBay from time to time), you'd have your match.

Let me know if your'e interested. It's on consignment at the local music store but I can pick it up today...

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

Yeah, I sent a PM

Posted on 12 years ago

From steveund

Yeah, I sent a PM

Pictures sent to your email.

Let me know,

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

Here's a shot of the entire set. without the bottom heads. The 10" Tom is in need of some repair on the shell though.

[IMG]http://www.stephenunderwood.info/images/drums/cb700.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey! Those are sweet! I had a set of CB's from that vintage. I sold them about a year ago. And yes, it had the correct snare. Keep checking on eBay, they do come up.

The one I had, had been painted different colors, so I painted it copper. You can see the pictures of it below. I was REALLY amazed at the quality of the kit. I thought CB's were pretty much junk, but this one not only looked great, it sounded fine and dandy... I've another CB 700 kit that I haven't gotten around to restoring yet. It should be interesting since it's kind of huge. 24" bass, four rack toms and a floor tom. As far as I remember, it's the same vintage.

4 attachments
fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here