Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

7 lugs floor tom

Hi drummers,

i'm about to restore a vintage Slingerland floor tom, and just noticed that there is seven lugs only around the tom, and none of them is aligned with the other, wich makes it difficult to tune propely.

Is it common this uneven numbers of lugs on a drum?

should i restore it to the point where i have 8 lugs aligned with each other?

i beleive this floor tom is from the beginning of the 70's.

Thanks

Steve

Posted on 15 years ago

Not a Slingerland, but a Japanese copy...

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, exactly. It was made by Pearl. It may have Slingerland-esque lugs and Slingerland-esque sticksaver hoops, but it's Japanese and the shell is likely Luan. Can you post a pic of the shell interior ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From vadrums

Not a Slingerland, but a Japanese copy...

That would explain it!

it make perfect sense!

I don't have a camera right now, but i'll post a pic soon.

Thank you guys

Steve

Posted on 15 years ago

any chance you need hoops for this drum? i have a set of 16" 7 lug hoops from a japanese kit that have been re-chromed so they are in nice condition.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]If B & L doesn't want them, I would be interested in them. Obviously, thread poster gets first dibs...but if not interested, PM me, Jazz'.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

LOL. Anyone need some 5 lug 16" hoops? Picked those up in a batch of parts. All the hoops (12/13/16) are 5 lugs! Have no idea what they came from but I don't need 'em. :D

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Oh, gosh, believe it or not I actually used those on a cheap jellybean sparkle kit once....buyer wanted to keep price way down...it consisted of a rather decent old Ludwig 20" bass drum orig. Blue sparkle, a Star rack tom 13" in orig. Red sparkle, and a no-name luan-shell 14x16 FT, which I wrapped in Purple sparkle....on which I used the 5-hole hoops.

...the thing looked downright bloated, the lug spacing was so far apart. But, hey...it worked.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From jazz_drummer2003

any chance you need hoops for this drum? i have a set of 16" 7 lug hoops from a japanese kit that have been re-chromed so they are in nice condition.

Thanks for the offer jazz drummer i don't need them.

I'm thinkin making new holes in this floor tom to make it 8 lugs, since it's not vintage, i don't care.

Posted on 15 years ago

Never seen 7, mine has 9 lugs. First time tuning I was looking for the opposite tension rod. This one, no... this one... no... WTF? Ther is no opposite TR. Counting... 9! Never seen that before :D

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here