Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

68 Ringo? Ludwigs

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Thing about the later Oyster was, it was more original. The earier oyster was used by a few other mfr's.

Actually, K7...I am curious about those old cymbals...those could be a goldmine right there....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I dunno LD, pretty sure it's a black bowling ball finish. A blue finish is way more blue. After checking the finishes found here on the site, I'm going with Oyster Black 8025 from the '71, '73 offerings. Will take it outdoors for a better look and pic.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Thing about the later Oyster was, it was more original. The earier oyster was used by a few other mfr's.Actually, K7...I am curious about those old cymbals...those could be a goldmine right there....[/COLOR]

The ad says "cymbal sets", so not sure if they just meant "stands" or if they actually have cymbals, but I thought the same as you :)

Among my many cymbals, I've got a 22" Zildjian Heavy Ride that is about 40 years old and sounds fantastic.

Posted on 15 years ago

I dunno LD, pretty sure it's a black bowling ball finish. A blue finish is way more blue. After checking the finishes found here on the site, I'm going with Oyster Black 8025 from the '71, '73 offerings. Will take it outdoors for a better look and pic.

Like I said they changed the finishes of both oysters in the 70's. The black "bowling ball" finish is the same as the currently available one from Ludwig.....with the exception being the 60's Black Oyster reissue on the NEW Liverpool 4 kit....man I'd love to own one of those.......in my opinion the older original finishes from the 60's look much better than the later ones....

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey k7,

how'd it go?

Posted on 15 years ago

From k7mto

Hi all. I'm new here.I've been hunting for some 60's Ludwigs and I talked to a gentleman today about a set he's selling for a friend. Here's the ad...1968 5 Pc. Ludwig Black Oyster Pearl Drum Set. Includes Hihat and 3 cymbal sets, with all cases.Price listed is $1000 (doesn't say obo).He said he knows nothing other than what the ad says, so no idea on condition, sizes, etc. He's supposed to call and meet me at the storage facility they've apparently been stored in for "quite some time" tomorrow morning.Any advice on what to look for to help me judge their value is greatly appreciated.

If they've apparently been stored in for "quite some time" that MIGHT be a good thing, IF they've been stored in a friendly environment.

$1000 bucks is a good price for a Ringo IF it's in good playable shape. IMO

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here