Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

68 Psych red

Just finished restoring these in December. Looking for the long shot matching snare.

Oh, and hello.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

That is cool with a capital 'K'!

Great job!

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

Great looking kit. What was the extent of the restoration job? Good luck finding a snare.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

Your kit looks flat-out stunning!Bowing

Just wondering how much work and time you had to put into the wrap itself? Was it quite faded when you purchased the drums or was it in a similar condition as to what we're seeing now? It appears to still have "lots of green" in it!

As far as the matching snare I wouldn't even concern myself with that. Chances are, even if you were fortunate enough to find one, the fade on that particular drum wouldn't match for the others in your kit. I would imagine that the cost of that piece would also be a "tad" high. Your kit looks just fine with the snare you've got in the pic PLUS you can use that baby with any and every kit you might have and not go wrong. Of course, if I does bother you that much, I happen to know a guy who'd be more than happy to take that kit off of your hands (lol)!

Posted on 13 years ago

Very nice kit . just amazing i love the the wrap and the hardware set up . it looks' like an add for ludwig . i can see my self going after a kit like that down the road . i truly hope you find the snare good luck on that .

All the best 2xsCool1Cool1

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

That is sooo stunning. My jaw is still open. Such class in that shiny brand new looking wrap, and the glistening supra, 1400's, speedking and spur lock!:Snow Flake: I have allways felt an attachment to psych. red after a personnal experience. Sad story, my school threw away two ludwig kits, one keystone BOP, one blue olive psych. red, wich they would've given me if I could find them. All that was left, (and happily in my posession), is the zildjian A 20'' ride, the 14'' medium thin hats, the speedking, and the 13'' psychedelic red rack tom, all from the blue olive kit. Lookling at your beautiful kit makes me wanna break something. Enjoy them!Bowing

Posted on 13 years ago

From Agopsalott

Great looking kit. What was the extent of the restoration job? Good luck finding a snare.

The wrap was in good shape when I bought them. The most fade is on top of the bass drum. I thought about doing the green Sharpie technique, but then the feeling went away. I removed all the hardware, polished the wrap with Novus. I replace the BD post bracket with one that is period correct. Removed all the rust, and replaced 2 hoops, and several lugs that had cement rash. I also replaced several tension rods and washers with period correct rods and brass washers. And replaced a few T rods and claws. On reassembly I put felt under the lug springs, and waxed everything with turtle wax. Then I set them up to take the pic. Then I set them up to play and hit them a lot with sticks. They sound great. Here's another view.

Thanks all for the encouraging words.

Mike

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Pretty cool!

Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet..........!!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here