Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

'67 Ludwig Downbeat w/'65 Supraphonic

I just joined tonight but have been learning a lot from the rest of you for a few months on this forum.

This photo is "Before" complete cleaning and polishing began in preparation for selling this summer (unless I get too attached). One owner, 100% original and complete, Brass Keystone Badges, No pitting, I even have all RECEIPTS to prove provenance and dates! --- Museum Quality ---

I love the proportions of this combination.

"Progress" and "After" photos will be posted to my set on Flickr dot com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30559980@N07/sets/72157629432619022/with/7069237867/

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey Btreat.

Very nice outfit!

I could not help but notice one of your cymbal stands is a Rogers while the other appeared to be ludwig. Not sure about the hi-hat but that may have been Rogers also. If the hi-hat and one cymbal stand are indeed Rogers and you are willing to sell them seperate from the rest I may be interested as I have 1970 Rogers londoner in need of hi-hat. Just thought I would ask. One other question. Are you sure you want to sell these drums? They look very good and may be worth keeping!

Let me know about that hi-hat. Perhaps you can send me a pic or two of the hat to confirm Rogers or not?

Sincerely, Todd (Ddot384).flowers2Welcome

1970 Rogers Londoner:

Tri color Red speckle, White Marine Pearl, and Blue speckle
all original outfit Fullerton PowerTones:

2 Ea. 14" Hi-Hat and 1 Ea. 18" Medium Crash
outfit original Rogers SS by Azco of Canada
(not Zildian B stock or ZILCO)
1 Ea. 20" Zildian medium Sizzle also outfit original:

other outfit original items:
Drum all case (Fiber), Naughahyde covers (Base and Toms)

Posted on 12 years ago

John Densmore setup, eh? Really cool! Why would you want to sell them? They look great and surely sound even better!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 12 years ago

Todd (Ddot384),

Right you are. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! The triangular base cymbal stand was added later with the 20" "3 dot, 60's stamp" A. Zildjian Medium Ride ($50, 2500g +/-) on 7/17/70. The receipt did not name the brand, just the price = $16.50.

Other than drum sticks, everything else dates back to 1/6/66 (Supra snare & WFL flat base stand) or 4/4/67 (Downbeat kit ordered, $6 express shipping). I just took some hasty photos over lunch and posted them temporarily on my [COLOR="Blue"]Flickr [/COLOR]set. The Hi-Hat is definitely Ludwig - no doubt about it when you see the pics.

What I could use some help on is a model number and any other info on my drum seat. My original folding Ludwig throne with the red oval seat broke and my family bought this Rogers replacement for me in about 1999, plus or minus a few years.

In light of the fact that the 1970 Rogers cymbal stand was purchased later and is not in keeping with the Ludwig theme, I might consider a trade. Although it's still in remarkable condition and already polished up, it's the only item I own with any chrome loss (see middle tube section). I'd only be interested in a matching Ludwig 1400 flat stand of comparable quality to the one I already own. Give it some thought.

For anyone else reading this, I am not inclined to respond to attempts to cherry pick this set apart so please respect that unless you want to trade a 1967 red Ludwig #1025-1 "Porto-Seat" for my Rogers seat. This is a special case and warrants consideration from both of our viewpoints. Thanks,

More pics of cymbals and receipts will be posted to Flickr in the coming days, drums later. And no... I'm not certain that I will end up selling it. Cleaning it up has taken me back down memory lane and tuned up my appreciation for drumming.

-btreat

1967 Ludwig Downbeat 20/16/12; 1965 5x14 Supra

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for the response Btreat. Very interesting proposal! Unfortunately at this time I have no Ludwig components of significance other than a snare drum stand from around 1971. I will definitely keep my eyes open for mid '60s straight cymbal stand (ludwig Of course). Should I come across one I will certainly let you know or try to obtain it myself for the trade!

Thanks again and keep me posted regarding your clean up / detailing of that kit and if you sell or not. I personally think it would be a real shame to sell it! If I had money I would sure consider it but pennyless and with a broken auto is no way to go thru life so saving for new/used car at the moment.

Sincerely, Todd.baby crawl2Jumping2

1970 Rogers Londoner:

Tri color Red speckle, White Marine Pearl, and Blue speckle
all original outfit Fullerton PowerTones:

2 Ea. 14" Hi-Hat and 1 Ea. 18" Medium Crash
outfit original Rogers SS by Azco of Canada
(not Zildian B stock or ZILCO)
1 Ea. 20" Zildian medium Sizzle also outfit original:

other outfit original items:
Drum all case (Fiber), Naughahyde covers (Base and Toms)

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here