Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

'66 Pearl 4 piece

All hail to OsakaBop!!!!

Here! Here!!!

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Good point about poor photos.Some folks take poor shots on purpose....Yes,for that reason...BEWARE!:2Cents:

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

I have a 65 pearl and the pearl drum sets back then were knock offs of american drums so the hardware on the drums kinda sucks. Don't get me wrong they if you tune these drums good then they can sound great. But its definetly not worth a great guitar. With everything in the picture $400 or $450 would be a fair price. If the guitar is a gem then dont trade. I bought just my drums for $250

Hope this helps

My band's website!

http://www.chaseandtrinity.com/
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks guys, this has all been very helpful. I decided to pass on them though. They just aren't quite what I'm looking for. The guy said that basically they were his buddies drums but he ditched them and left them in his friends (the guy how offered them to me) storage for a couple years or something. Not to mention I am very attached to my V. Thanks again.

Posted on 13 years ago

I think we might have scared you off of them- sorry if that was the case. But anyone reading this thread- please know that these were cool drums- and I actually love that aged gold sparkle wrap- I own a kit of great 60/70s Pearl orphans in this same finish. What I didn't like about this sale was the lack of really clear photos and that the drums were bundled in the sale with what is (to me) a bunch of junk cymbals and stands. If those drums had been cleaned, photographed and opened up - letting us see the insides and just show cased properly the seller could have gotten a number of bites from around here I suspect. It had the matching snare which was a big plus. Similar mid 60s Pearl kits in that wrap with the stencil logos- unrestored, have sold for 300-350$ USD equivalent. Best of luck out there Pearl hunters!

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

it's funny but i have 1 old pearl kit set up in one studio for the recording of an album and another old Pearl in another studio for another album. Meanwhile, at home i have a mid 60s Ludwig super classic, a 1970 Hayman BOP kit and a 68 Yamaha kit. All 3 of the kits at home are better quality but I just find the old Pearl kits comfortable and consistent for recording (and live) and as I'm leaving them set up for quite a while away from home, I don't worry about them so much. I am using a Supra and the Hayman snare in those respective studios though. As you can see, there's a bit of mixing and matching going on with the kits. And to be clear, these are relatively lo-fi recordings. The point is though, these are very useable drums.

2 attachments
Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

I hear you on that FayRay- luan is especially good in enclosed spaces like recording rooms. We so often use loud birch and maple kits and then muffle them all up to record with. How often do jazz players in small venues try hard all night to keep their sound bubble under the acoustic bass and acoustic piano levels? Here in Japan it's all the time and luan is a good choice - it's a lot less loud, it's warm, light to carry and you can afford to scratch em'Welcome

Loved your photos- nice orphans all

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

From OsakaBop

I hear you on that FayRay- luan is especially good in enclosed spaces like recording rooms. We so often use loud birch and maple kits and then muffle them all up to record with. How often do jazz players in small venues try hard all night to keep their sound bubble under the acoustic bass and acoustic piano levels? Here in Japan it's all the time and luan is a good choice - it's a lot less loud, it's warm, light to carry and you can afford to scratch em'WelcomeLoved your photos- nice orphans all

Thanks OsakaBop, that's good to know.

The kits aren't orphans just the rack toms swapped around. For some reason the 12" blue one worked better in the space the white one was set up. I actually have a 13" tom for the blue kit that is currently on my work bench for some TLC.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

10 lug kick,8 lug snare,looks like cast on the toms??..Maybe a closer look would have helped?Its not a Gretsch but it sounds like this guy was anxious to move these drums:2Cents:

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here