Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

66 Club Date Silver Sparkle

Things are coming along nicely with my Club Date project. 20/12 are done. Just gotta do the floor tom legs on the converted tenor tom and figure out if I wanna fix up the jazz fest i have or trade it in its current condition (has some issues) for a matching pioneer. Honestly I like how the pioneer snares sound more than I like the jazz fest drums...and I already have another jazz fest. Anyone have a SS pioneer they are thinking of parting with?

Front bd head is original, but it had some dimples in part of it...so I ported out the bad guys. It sounds awesome.

-Adam

3 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Adam, these look great!! Nice job so far and great idea on the head port too!! Keep at it can't wait to see more progress.

Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes, they are looking real good. Love silver sparkle drums!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

looking very nice!

as far as snares, the early clubdates were cataloged with jazzfests. the 64 catalog had moved into pioneers and then the acrolite by the 67 catalog. i too like pioneers with clubdates. just feels right. underdog kinda right!

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

very nice looking kit! Cool1

Posted on 11 years ago

Well...I have a super nice 67 Acro, so Ill call that the match for now when the kit is done.

I dig the jazz fest, but it isn't original to the kit, and it has some seriously ruff hoops in terms of pitting. Also the interior has been painted Black. UGH. Missing the bb bat muffler...has a knobby guy instead. Im into that actually.

Anyway. Thanks for the kind words on the 2 I have done so far.

In all likelihood Ill just leave the interior black and play the thing. Otherwise maybe Ill get it to someone who feels like stripping black paint off of a silver sparkle drum and doing a full restore on it in the future once I find a good pioneer.

Shooting to have the floor tom set up by this weekend. Ill post pics when I get there.

-Adam

Posted on 11 years ago

adam

what year is the jazzfest? the real early ones and then the late ones had knob mufflers...

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Its a 66.

Here is a pic update. Im drillin for legs in about 15 mins!

-Adam

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

And.....IT WORKED!

I took the leg spacing of most Ludwig floor toms I have seen (with the one closest to the badge being the one closest to the bass drum. It looks correct when up against other vintage Luddys I have, so I think it is solid! It sounds killer. Can't wait to play the kit!

-Adam

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

I'll set out the drool tray... Nice Job! Clapping Happy2

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here