Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

65 Slingerland

The first time I saw this set,I couldn't even tell what color they were because of all the dust and dirt on them. The inheritated owner asked me to either take them or put them on the curb for trash day. Out of respect for a dead drummer, I gave her everything I had in my wallet. $42 That was 20 years ago.

I'm not sure what I have. I'm not a collector, just another, not dead yet drummer. Thanks in advance for any info.

Snare ser# 15309 Nov 2 1965 Shelbyville, Tenn

Bass 100176 Niles, Illinois

Tom 102417 Niles,Illinois

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Blue"]Cool pieces The Band - the Shelbyville badge is always fun to have -they didn't produce many at that plant. lf the set had a floor tom it'd be worth about $600. Without it though - maybe about $350-75 . lt'd be nice to get a FT for it agan - either find a blue one or hire someone to rewrap one to match the rest. Thanks for sharing ![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Oh - to add - probably 2\3 of a "Stage Band" model set[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Look, I don't know that much about this, but there is a website at www.vintagedrumguide.com that shows pictures of a whole lot of Slingerland badges. I recommend you go there and take a look.

The badge on your snare looks red in color to me. At the website I mentioned there are no red Slingerland badges. Freaky. Are the badges on the rest of the set also red? If not, they may be more helpful.

Well, like I said, I don't know much about this, but maybe that'll help.

Oh. I've been to a website called Slingerland Drum Experts. Funny, I can't find it right now, but I've definitely been there. If you can get there, that would be a good place to try, too. Pictures of badges and other stuff.

Good hunting.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Red"]Red Badge is Shelbyville (Tenn) plant FYI[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From dtxtremeiiispecial

Look, I don't know that much about this, but there is a website at www.vintagedrumguide.com that shows pictures of a whole lot of Slingerland badges. I recommend you go there and take a look.The badge on your snare looks red in color to me. At the website I mentioned there are no red Slingerland badges. Good hunting.

If you go back to the badge site, it is on the list of Slingerland badges.. in 45 years the maroon must have faded to more of a brighter red.

Ludwig Classic Maple, (Quilted African Makore'), 16x22, 8x12, 9x13, 14x14, 16x16, 6.5x14 n/maple and 100th anniversary 6.5x14 Supra
Daughter's Ludwig (jellybean) kit
"70" 14X22 silver sparkle, "67" 5x14 supra, "67" 9x13 blue sparkle, "09" 16x16 Legacy green sparkle
Posted on 14 years ago

Single lug set, I forget what they are called but they were made to compete with the Ludwig "Club Date", also single lug. I'm not sure how they sound but they seem to be rather rare.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Oh - to add - probably 23 of a "Stage Band" model set[/COLOR]

My fellow forum member has already answered your question!Guitar Dude Man,,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here