Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

'65 Rogers Jazz/Be-Bop in WMP

Did a rather large show this week with the "Times Square Quartet", which also featured Jimmy Mazz and Janice Dee. This was a full show to a SOLD OUT room holding a little over 1000! Because there were two shows, I opted to play my "little" Rogers Jazz/Be-Bop set as I knew there would be professional sound reinforcement/lights. There was, and this "little" set of Rogers sounded HUGE! I could actually hear the 14X18 bass drum out the mains!

Many have seen these at different times since I have been here, but for those that haven't and like vintage Rogers drums, hopefully you will enjoy! Specs:

1965 Rogers

14X18

8X10 .. actually an orphan XP8 that I converted by adding rings ..

14X14

5X14 COB "special" Powertone .. this drum is a 1968 and has an unusual interior ..

Complete Rogers hardware

I also have the 8X12 that came with this set originally, but usually opt to play the 8X10 for a little more "spread" tonally.

The "chrome" garland at the back of the stage was bizarre!, but looked nice from the front, and especially so with the lights!

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Beauty!!! Nice gig also.

Ed

Posted on 8 years ago

Here are a few more pics...

Posted on 8 years ago

Man oh Man what a looker !!!Walking

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

Tommy... You must look like the Incredible Hulk sitting up behind that smaller set .. Another beautiful kit.. nice pic's too..

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 8 years ago

Another great looking WMP Rogers kit! And another fun gig!

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

THANKS for ALL the nice words! As to "you must look like the Incredible Hulk sitting up behind that small set", well... hopefully it's not THAT bad! Or maybe it is! You be the judge. Here's a pic from a "Concerts in the Park" Sinatra gig we did this summer ...

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Cool kit Tommy. As for the incredible Hulk, I thought he was green Laughing H

Stevo.

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 8 years ago

Great pictures of a fantastic kit! The 8X10 is a visual masterstroke with the 18" bass drum, doesn't look top-heavy. I'm sure it sounds great too...

Classy venue as well!

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago

Tommyp, you have got the coolest drums!

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here