Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

'65 Ludwig WMP Super Classics

Just got this one-owner kit from Alabama. This is nearly mint condition, just needed some cleaning up, only the usual slight yellowing/fading.

This is like my very first kit, when I was nine....that was...uh...41 years ago!?!?

I am so happy!

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Gorgeous WMP Super Classic you have there!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey, thanks!

You know, it's kinda like I felt when my sons were born!

Well, OK not quite...but you get the idea.

I've been wanting this for so long. Mid-life crisis, ya understand...

:D

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for posting that pic Mike, it takes me back to 1969 when my Dad took me for a ride to have a look at a used 1965 WMP Ludwig Outfit listed in our local paper. I'll never forget walking down those basement steps, turning the corner to the left and seeing what ended up becoming my first Kit, complete with Golden Tone Cowbell & Zildjian Cymbals...........

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL770/2917504/15482309/234938464.jpg[/IMG]

I now live in the small town where we "found" that Kit, which was located less than a mile from Donny Brewer's house, and everytime I drive by the place I have a flashback looking at that porch where I stood in eager anticipation so many years ago...........

Thanks again!!

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

Great post, thanks!

Quite possibly the best part of getting "older", is the fond memories of simpler, happier times.

band3

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here