Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

64 Slingerland Help

Just purchased this 64 Slingerland set in WMP. 12, 14, and 20 with a 14x5 COB Snare. SUper heavy set with all COB hoops. No badges on floor tom and rack tom, is that right? The snare has a rapid stainer and the badge is missing. (is that right or is that a patch job) Came with Ludwig Standard cymbals and 18" and a set of 16" Hi Hats. (is that possible) Seems too clean was it a good find or am I not seeing something.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

some 1960's slingerlands didd'nt have badges on the toms and floortoms.

the bass and snare should have the badges with a postalcode on it (I think)

lookat the vintage snare guide badges page to see what ones you have.

I have a '64 leedy 5x14/12/16/22 duco set and the insides are stamped with a big "M" (mohogany)and OCT 1962 (8x12 tom) and NOV 1964 (ft and BD)my kit is also COB snare and hoops, although my bottom/front hoops are long gone.

I'm sure someone has WAY more info than I do but please post more pictures, we all love pictures!Keep on Pl

I like Drums...
1963 Ludwig Downbeat Champagne Sparkle
1964 Leedy (Slingerland) Blue n Silver Duco
1964 Ludwig Club Date Sparkling Silver Pearl
1966 Ludwig Super Classic Sparkling Silver Pearl
1968 Gretsch round badge modern jazz orange stain
1972 Slingerland 85N Pop outfit Light Blue Pearl
1976 Ludwig Vistalite clear
1981 Gretsch SSB Gran Prix Rosewood
1987 Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom Mellow Yellow
1991 Pearl Export Ferrari Red
Posted on 15 years ago

Well digging around Rob Cook's, The Slingerland Book.... as I always do.;)

The Festival Model snare came with a rapid strainer and the time period is correct.

No badges on the toms is right around that time but not for long after that (I think).

I couldn't find a reference to any 16" hi-hats any place I looked.. The Ludwig Book (Cook), The Cymbal Book (Pinksterboer).

So that floor tom is a "14 drum..??? Wow, that's a sweet grab! The thumb screws don't look correct.

Might be a Modern Jazz Outfit,,, yeah... more pictures :) insides

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, if it IS a 14" that was indeed a great grab.

All sounds normal/on the level to me...except the lack of badge on the snare...likely it got taken off at some point. But I have a set of '63 Stage Bands, and indeed, only the bass and snare have badges....

She looks like a beauty.....

....the Ludwig Standard cymbals usually aren't up to much...NS12 alloy and all...although I have had a few come thru here which actually were pretty respectable....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Yup, they didn't start badges until 67 or 68. That is a great score! I just bought that same kit sight unseen, had my brother pick it up for me. I am going to get this afternoon. I'll post pics.

Posted on 15 years ago

PM sent about cymbals.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here