Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

62 SBP Ludwig

A beautiful kit! The wrap looks great! Love the Ringo hi hat stand! Drum on!!

Posted on 13 years ago

From OldSchool

GREAT LOOKING kit! BowingThanks for sharing.The pic looks like it came right out of one of the Ludwig catalogs!I love the SBP wrap. I've still got my original '63 Clubdate kit in that wrap as well as a '65 Downbeat kit in it.Did you have to put a lot of "elbow grease" into getting yours in their current stunning condition or were they seldom played and meticulously cared for?Just wondering.

They were in excellent shape when I bought them from the original owner. I did take them apart and waxed the shells. On re assembly I put felt under the springs and waxed all the hardware. I used Turtle wax. I added the 14" floor tom, same year, almost the same date stamp. New heads. The cool part is they came with the original cases from 1962, and there was a little black book in the trap case, with over 400 song titles and about 7 jokes. 5 pair of brushes, and 3 pair of sticks. Also a Gretch double cow bell, and wood block and hoop clamp. It was a time capsule, very cool!

PS Also came with all the stands and hardware, A Zildjian cymbals, 18" ride, 14" new beat hats, two 10" splashes. Scored!

Thanks guys.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Wow! They look brand new. Gorgeous drums, and I'm sure they sound great too. :)

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here