Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

60's Stetson Drums

Dumpster drums.. I liked the sound of this dumpster salvage enough to use them for smaller venues..the toms are 12,13, & 14 with a 20" kick..I switched out the snare to a 70's Pearl Japan 10 lug.

3 attachments
118.7 kB
103.8 kB
72.3 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

Wow! Neat kit, great find!

Posted on 9 years ago

Great rescue !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Nice job giving that kit a new life.

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 9 years ago

Got a badge pic?

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

Always makes my heart glad when i here of a dumpster rescue and nice resto job too.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago

The Bass drum..ride tom and snare were all a Psychedelic Blue wrap that was in real bad shape..the Badge was only still there on the tom tom..it was a very thin metal..possibly aluminum..and it was glued on not a rivet or small screws..it was all curled up on the edges..so I didn't try to salvage it.. but this is what it looked like..I am a graphic designer so I was going to make a duplicate..I figured it was Japanese but I can't find any history on Stetson Drums..the floor tom is a Stewart..I do have the badge for that..

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

So- how do you mount a bass drum pedal to that?

Posted on 9 years ago

Very astute..teverson-sr ... engineering flaw on my part..didn't have the original bass drum spurs and the ones I had were to short..so I moved one spur mount to make it work..without realizing what the rotation would do to the lug and claw location..I removed the bottom claw to put the pedal on..will have to make the change when I wrap them some day.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here