Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

60's Slingerland

While trying to put an exact year on my Slingerland, I noticed that up until the middle of 63', they used a 1" reinforcing ring. That's what I have. IIt's also a complete 5 piece. Were you aware of 5 pieces available for them? Does that sound right?

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes. The Modern Solo was advertised in the 63 cat. It's a 5 pc kit. Double 12's on top, I believe. They had not yet discovered the value of the 13 next to the 12.

Posted on 15 years ago

I agree. This one has the 13 along with the 12 on top. J

Posted on 15 years ago

Do these toms have badges on them? Just curious.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah they do. I'm going to post pictures up right now. Minus the snare, they all have numbers in the 180,000's.

Posted on 15 years ago

I may be incorrect, but I think the numbers, the badges, and the tom sizes coincide with the mid to later half of the 60's. If someone on this forum has a better grasp on this, please chime in.

Posted on 15 years ago

See I initally thought they were 66', but when I was researching it, they said 63 and later used a 1 5/8" reinforcement ring and this one is exactly 1". I could be very wrong as well, but that is how I found this great forum.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Here's the thing w/ Slingy...go by the badge #'s to determine the year the kit was issued. They had a tendency to grab whatever shells they had lyin' around when assembling....so it's possible they found an older shell or three lying around and just incorporated it into a kit. So the shells may be older, but the kit...sorta...not....Coffee Break2

Am assuming Niles badge here...silver or gold ?

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here