Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

60's Slingerland Parts

Looking for one (or a pair) of spurs, diamond tom clip mount, two (or three) FT brackets, and three FT legs for a 60's Slingerland. If anyone has ANY of this stuff let me know!

-BH

Posted on 14 years ago

From Bharrington

Looking for one (or a pair) of spurs, diamond tom clip mount, two (or three) FT brackets, and three FT legs for a 60's Slingerland. If anyone has ANY of this stuff let me know!-BH

I have the push button type, with the Legs.

Posted on 14 years ago

LoLoLoLo Billy what are you restoring now? We seem to have similar tastes. I'm working on a 60's Slingerland kit now as well. I have a 14x22 3 ply, gold & black Niles badge with faded gold wrap shell that I think I have all the other parts for and a pristine 3 ply 14x14 in BDP without a badge that needs hoops. Also a 16x16 3 ply in silver sparkle complete except that I also need legs for. I'm looking for an 8x12 or 9x13 3 ply tom with the gold&black Niles badge. I had an E-Bay bid out on a 9x13 and a 14x20 in BDP that would have gone perfect with the 14x14 but got beat out by $2 on each. They both went pretty high. So I'm back to the original plan to find a small tom with slide mount and recover them all in WMP to make a Buddy Rich type 3 ply Slingy kit. Question: would a 60's 16x16 FT have straight legs or the bent ones? Now that school is out for the summer you seem to be deep into reworking drums. Have a good summer. Let me know if you run into an extra set of FT legs. I also need a BD cymbal mount (like a FT leg mount).

Boscoe

Posted on 14 years ago

Please DON"T recover the drums! You ruin the drums/value of them.

Sell them as is,then find some trashed/faded finished Slingerlands to recover......

You'll get top dollar for your BDP,and then find some trashed drums cheap........win/win for you!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 14 years ago

From blairndrums

Please DON"T recover the drums! You ruin the drums/value of them.Sell them as is,then find some trashed/faded finished Slingerlands to recover......You'll get top dollar for your BDP,and then find some trashed drums cheap........win/win for you!

Blair, Well said!!! Man us Old NSMD guys!!Violin

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

How much are you offering Blairndrums? 14x14's seem to go for big money but BDP isn't too popular. A single floor tom doesn't do me much good, I need a complete set. The wrap on the 14x22 is faded beyond use, yellow gold color on top and orange gold color on the bottom with an extra hole. The wrap on the 16x16 has a big gash across the side. The 14x14 is in good shape, just needs hoops and the push button legs need rehabed. If selling it makes people happy then who needs a BDP 14x14? I'd trade it for something, make me an offer. A wood dyna, a set of Rogers Clevelands, a 4 piece set of BOP Ludwig's, you know nothing fancy.Yes Sir I've had that drum for several years now and it's hard to find a matching BD and tom from that time period. A Slingerland tom without a badge is from what era? 50's, early 60's at the latest? It's a 3 ply, mahogany inner ply with maple re-rings, a beautiful drum. I'm not married to it, who needs it more than me? Who has a BDP Slingerland kit without a 14x14?

Posted on 14 years ago

Slingerland started putting badges on their drums in LATE 1966.....

Please contact me about your drum...........

[email]Blairndrum@aol.com[/email]

I already sent a PM............

I have lots of vintage cymbals/parts/old catalogs/some drums yet............

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here