Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

60's Slingerland consolette help

60's red glass sparkle BD with rail consolette.

I've finally gotten around to cleaning up this drum.

The shell and hoops are in great shape.

Claws and T-rods have considerable pitting and some rust.

I did find a compatable tom; an 8x13, COB, hardware in great shape, same badge, close serial#, milk paint, red glass glitter match is real good.

My dilemma is how to mount the tom on the rail consolette.

It's bolted to the middle of the BD shell and the arm is pretty short. To get it high enough to clear the BD I guess I'll need a long shaft L arm with one of those spud clips. Where do I find that? Steve Maxwell?

The tom has a set-o-matic mount. But I do have a spud clip mount for it.

I guess there's no way to marry a consolette to a set-o-matic.

1 attachments
135.9 kB
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
Hunter S. Thompson
Posted on 12 years ago

Nope,sure isn't......at least the rail Diamond plate tom mount fits the same holes as a SOM.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Raposo:

Yes, Steve Maxwell has the long spade you need. Its around $25. But....be forewarned....there is no guarantee it will fit your riser top......you should bring the risertop in the store and see if it tightens.

Posted on 12 years ago

I doubt that Maxwell's spade rod will fit your consolette ratchet. It appears to be an add-on MIJ unit with a much wider arc than the Slingerland part. The original slingerland part is to the right, but obviously missing important parts. The Slingerland rail is held to the mounting feet by some pretty thick chromed rivets. These look like they were drilled out so the MIJ part could be installed and then some after market parts were used to put the rail back on the feet. As you can see, those parts look like they rusted. I've seen good Slingerland rail consolettes for sale on eBay from time to time. Keep looking for them. Keep in mind that the upper arm came in two lengths... a shorter version for 22" and larger bass drums and a shorter length for 20" and smaller bass drums.

Posted on 12 years ago

I'm not sure about that MIJ thing. I've seen some Slingy sets with the same hardware.

Here's one for example:

1 attachments
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
Hunter S. Thompson
Posted on 12 years ago

From rraposo

I'm not sure about that MIJ thing. I've seen some Slingy sets with the same hardware.Here's one for example:

I've seen enough rail consolettes to know which are W&A and which are MIJ. That upper section on the rail to the left in the first picture is most definitely MIJ. If it were me, I'd just keep my eyes out for a nice Slingerland rail mount on the Bay or use the Wanted section on this forum.

Posted on 12 years ago

Well thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes peeled for those parts

while I'm looking for the 15 x 15 red sparkle floor tom.

Hunter S. Thompson
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks all for your help, I got what I needed.

Hunter S. Thompson
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here