Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

60's Rogers BD w/4 swivomatic spurs ?

Anyone know anything about Rogers using 2 spurs on each side ? I can't find any info in the catalogs.

Thanks

Jeff
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]How large is the bass drum ?

I have seen Slingys with 4....but not any Rogers offhand.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Tubthumper!...

There's no info in the Rogers catalogs because Rogers NEVER INSTALLED a double set of spurs on any set... not even on the Buddy Rich Celebrity model which is shown in my avatar picture. The spurs on your drums were added after the fact, most probably by the owner/owners, although it's "possible" that a double set of spurs could have been requested when the set was built, although I tend to doubt it because I believe that Slingerland was the first to actually install/offer a double set of spurs on the Buddy Rich #80N in 1967. When Buddy was with Rogers he always had a single set of BD spurs on his 14X24 bass drum.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

Jaye, I don't know how large the BD is. This is a picture of the drums 4sale. No other info available except the asking price of $495.00 and a phone number (out of state).

Thanks Tommyp. My eyes were getting tired trying to locate those spurs in the catalogs. I even tried my Rogers book, but of course, to no avail.

Thanks again.

Jeff
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Red"]Looks to be 22\12\13\14s\16 - that's a good asking price (provdin' they are in decent shape)!!!![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I have never seen double spurs on a Clev or Dayton era Rogers kit in person. However, Don Bennett has an 18,12,14 kit where the bass has double spurs (listed a couple of times on eBay). I believe someone chimed in on another forum to say they had seen the drum in person and the spurs looked to be factory installed. I suppose they could have been ordered that way.

However, back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for a drum shop to add whatever swivo hardware you wanted to add to your kit. If the kit in your photo is a white wrap (not to be confused with white marine pearl), then it is Fullerton and I have no idea what they did or didn't do (I lose all interest in Rogers once they move from Ohio).

I agree with TommyP re Buddy's Rogers drums. I have seen one of Buddy's Rogers kits and single spurs it is.

For the money, buy em, play em and enjoy them.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludwig offered bass drums with 4 telescoping spurs on some Hollywood kits around 1964. I had such a set, although I can't remember seeing it offered in a catalog.

Here's one of a few threads I've seen that mention the subject.

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=8431

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here