Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

60's Pearl kit, completed!

Well, here it is. I took them apart, cleaned all of the hardware, fixed the torn and peeling wrap, sanded and filled them inside and out, painted the interiors white, clear coated the exteriors, and put on all new Aquarian heads. I had to put Helicoil inserts in the tom mount and bass spur brackets, but otherwise all of the original hardware was used. The front bass hoop is warped beyond repair, I'm gonna' replace it soon, I can't get the tension right. The kit sounds pretty good overall, I've still got some tweaking to do, but overall I'm happy with it.

Does anyone know what I should get to allow me to mount a ride cymbal on the bass? It came with a long L-rod, but no mount for the cymbal. I like my ride low as shown in the photos.

Yes, the snare is my '74 Ludwig SuperSensitive and I think it looks killer with the kit.

3 attachments
Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 17 years ago
Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

New pictures soon. I made a new front head with a custom logo, not quite authentic, but cool anyway. I still can't get these to sound the way I think they should, still trying different heads and tunings, close, but not there yet.

I had to return the Aquarian Resonant head for my bass. The area of the head where it seats to the bearing edge of the shell was too wide, it wouldn't fit with the hoop. At first I thought the hoop was to blame, it's a little out of round, but it works great with several old heads I have in the closet.......so I picked up a new Remo PS3 Ebony, and it fits just fine, not to mention, I think a black head looks better on this kit anyway.

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here