Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

60's mij riviera

Saw this little kit in pretty good condition but have no idea as to their quality and who actually made them..(Pearl, Star?) They look like they were stored for years and barely played. The wrap looks almost flawless, as do the cymbals..The hats are also intriguing, as they're vintage Paiste 505 pre serial black label cymbals, which i believe to be some of the finest cymbals Paiste produced back in the early 70's..

I have a 505 18" and 20" crash and they're beautiful sounding cymbals, very dark and warm, with just enough sustain and bite to them, without being overbearing, close to vintage Zildjian A's ..Owning this set of hi hats would make my vintage black label pre serial set complete ! Back to the drums, what are your thoughts ?

Decent kit, or firewood ?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-batterie-percussion/laurentides/batterie-drum-riviera-vintage/1127461823?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted on 8 years ago

The cymbals alone are worth that. I would snag that fast.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Are the cymbals for sale by themselves?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

That kit, if you say the wrap is like new.....I would jump on those too. MIJs can be made to sound great....all about edges, new heads and proper tuning. Free kit with purchase of the cymbals!

If you pass, you will undoubtedly regret it.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Long gone.. Buddy of mine and fellow member snagged them up..

Wasn't that interested in the drums, but more so for the hi hats..

I may ask him how much he'd like for the hats.. We'll see ;)

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here