Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

60s Ludwig aluminum hardware

Any idea where to buy aluminum screws and washers that hold on the lugs from inside the shells. I have a mid 60s Keystone kit that has rusted parts. Thanks.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

See them on ebay all the time. Also, Drumfactorydirect.com.

What length and how mant do you need? I have (16) 1/2" lugs screws with washers. They're somewhat corroded, but not "rusty".

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks, but the ones I want to replace are corroded too - kinda rusty too.

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago

Note that there are lots of different metals but only one rusts - iron.

Posted on 14 years ago

I can show you how to get rid of most, if not all, of the rust and crud. It is time consuming, about an hour maybe, and requires a screw gun, the proper size bit, 3-0 or 4-0 steel wool, and mineral oil.Kleening Taking time to do them right, I have not had to dump any so far. It is a pain, but in my book, beats the hell out of searching all over for them and waiting who knows how long and then the very real possibility of getting replacements as bad, if not worse, than what you already have.Hurting

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I soaked them in lime and scale remover and it removed just about all the crud.

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here