Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

60's japanese pearl 14x10 snare

I recently got this 60's pearl snare drum. It's an 8 lug 14x10, red sparkle with muffler.

I believe it's from the 60's by the badge. And the grain runs vertical and it says "japan" on the strainer so I guess it's a Japanese?

I haven't found any snares like this on the internet. Does anybody know anything about them?

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

I can confirm that yes, those lugs and the strainer appear to be Pearl. That muffler looks like it could be a Slingerland?

I believe that script of badge was only used for a very short period of time, maybe like 2 or 3 years. Someone will eventually be able to tell you when it was used helping you to pinpoint the age.

Is it the thick shell or the thin shell with rerings?

Very cool find! I have seen some of these, but they are on the rare side.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Try here:

[ame]http://catweb.tgtel.com/pearl/1967%20Japanese%20Marching%20Concert%20Catalog%20-%20spreads.pdf[/ame]

Page 4, top right. So around 1967... ?

I'm no expert... and I can't read Japanese. I only know when I hear someone scream, "Rook, Godzirra!" I'm supposed to run.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you! Thank you!

Looks like it is the drum on the right on page 4!

Yes it has rerings. I'll post a picture.

All info is appreciated! Thanks :)

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

That is a pretty accurate date estimate. The older muffler knob with the middle years lugs and strainer.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here