Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

60's Extraplay Super MIJ

Here is a updated picture of my early 60's Extra Play Super Brand !! I am trying to find out as to who made it ??? If,any one knows ,please e-mail me at [email]albertsdrumming@gmail.com[/email] !!

Posted on 9 years ago

Badge close up pic please.

Love that color.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

Hi,

Here is a picture of the badge!! The kit has a great sound to it !!

2 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Beautiful drums. Love the color!

Mike

Posted on 9 years ago

Gotta hand it to the MIJ manufacturers. They used some very interesting wraps. Nice kit!

Posted on 9 years ago

From mlayton

Beautiful drums. Love the color!Mike

Thanks !! They sound great !!!

Posted on 9 years ago

I just found out that the drums are called "Club Date set",because Ludwig has that style in the early 60's and that is what they were called !! But,I still do not know as to what make they are !!!

Posted on 9 years ago

I'm by far no Pearl expert, but this would be my best guess.

It's definitely not a Star brand: lug corners are too 'sharp' for Star and the tom bracket is a rhombus (Star never had this version).

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 9 years ago

Pearl also is my guess. Notice the cymbal mount on top of BD. I have the same one on a Pearl made club style kit as well, but have never seen one of those on a Star made BD.

Lug style (foundational squared base) also a Pearl style seen on other Pearl made kits.

Also - muffler knob and strainer knob is also indicative of Pearl.

As revealed by the shot of the BD interior - thinner shell with rerings - 1967 or older.

Beauty of a kit!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your help !! Still,no idea about the badge on them !! They do sound great !!

Allan

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here