Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

60"s HOLIDAY 20 16 12 Red Onyx wraps

Played these drums from 64 to 69. Foolishly sold them when my first baby came along. Just found this set on line and decided to take the plunge. Base drum and sixteen inch tom need help. Preferably refinished or rewrapped if necessary. Need some help. How do I get started. First day in the forum.

Jimbo 64

Posted on 12 years ago

Welcome to VDF!

Go to You Tube and type; vintage drum forum in the search box. There are some useful tutorials there about how to upload photos and how to use the features of the site. I'd love to see a photo of the kit!

Good people here, enjoy,

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Ya, get some pix of your kit posted. I'm a huge Rogers fan.Welcome

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 12 years ago

Red onyx wrap that is probably as close to your original as you are going to get is available at Precision Drum Company. Attached is a snare drum recently refinished in that material. I received this drum as one that had already been done in a Ludwig pattern black diamond pearl. It is much closer to the look of an original Rogers drum now with this wrap. It is very close to my Cleveland red onyx snare that I found a few months after doing the rewrap.

They have good instructions for applying the wrap if you're even reasonably handy. The wrap is not inexpensive, but is well worth it if the existing wrap is in bad condition. It is expensive to have them do the work of applying it, but they will do it if you need it and can afford it. The quality of their work is reported to be very high.

The existing wrap can be very difficult to strip (if in fact it can't be saved by cleaning and polishing with special plastic polishes from Novus, which is available on line).

If it ends up being rewrap, drop me a private message through this forum and I'll try to give you a rundown on the process.

Posted on 12 years ago

I'm feeling alot better seeing that photo..Thanks....I had hoped to restore the base & side tom but someone tried a half ass repair and made it beyond repair! I would welcome any info you could share. I'm tying to upload a picture of the kit.......any leads on an original 20" base skin with the classic Rodgers logo,also looking for a hi-hat and base pedal. Jimbo 64

Posted on 12 years ago

Jimbo - I have a complete 60's Swivo pedal in great working order, clean cosmetic condition, and with a vintage red, wooden beater. $85. takes it away - if you're in the lower 48, I'll pay the shipping. Send me a PM if you're interested.

John

Posted on 12 years ago

Here they are!!!

[Attachment: 48480]

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Sweeeeeet! That is a really nice kit. I've owned and played several Rogers kits over the years, great sounding drums.

Check your pm's, I responded to your note.

John

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here