Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

6 ply Ludwig tom to 5x13 snare!

As if I really need to get in on another repair and build thread... I am putting this drum together quick for my good friend to take with him to Chicago this weekend. It will match his club date kit he will be selling. Here are a couple pictures to kick it off. If it doesn't finish by tomorrow morning, I can't send it. So Here goes nothing!

First shot of all the parts, and second is of the shell cut down and lug holes drilled. I was able to reuse one set of holes. and drill out the other. If I were dishonest, I think I could pass this one off for original when I'm done. I will however label this as a replica inside, and state that it is built of all Ludwig parts.

Thanks, Ryan

2 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Here are a couple shots from this morning as it was going together...

One wrapped, one of the snare beds cut in, one of the assembled shell, and one close up shot of my replica tag....

4 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

And here it is all together!! It sounds awesome! If I hadn't labeled it, it would be a pretty convincing Ludwig drum..

The last shot is my two drums I am hoping to send out to Chicago with my friend. He's tight for space, but I hope he can fit them in somewhere..

Thanks, Ryan

2 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

From Ryan vonR.

As if I really need to get in on another repair and build thread... I am putting this drum together quick for my good friend to take with him to Chicago this weekend. It will match his club date kit he will be selling. Here are a couple pictures to kick it off. If it doesn't finish by tomorrow morning, I can't send it. So Here goes nothing! First shot of all the parts, and second is of the shell cut down and lug holes drilled. I was able to reuse one set of holes. and drill out the other. If I were dishonest, I think I could pass this one off for original when I'm done. I will however label this as a replica inside, and state that it is built of all Ludwig parts. Thanks, Ryan

Beautiful! It looks like an 8 lug instead of a 6?

Posted on 11 years ago

From Slingalud

Beautiful! It looks like an 8 lug instead of a 6?

Slingalud.... Yes it is an 8.. The shell is from the years where Ludwig was over killing on everything. So it worked out great for the snare build.

Thanks, Ryan

Posted on 11 years ago

Great job! I wish I had the time/tools/talent to do this. I'm definitely inspired by this, and will hopefully start restoring and rebuilding in the near future. :)

Derek

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here