Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

’58 WFL bass spur issues….

I’m having very annoying issues with the Bass drum spurs on my newly acquired ’58 WFL kit. First off they are in crappy condition and the biggest problem is that they won’t hold/maintain their position any longer and I’m constantly chasing after them. I know that there are a ton of factory and aftermarket replacement spurs available, but replacing the old ones with any of these would most defiantly mean drilling new holes in the shell. I naturally don’t want to drill anything but then again I want something that is stronger than the originals ever were to begin with and of course something that will maintain their location adjustment….

Anyone care to make suggestions one way or the other before I move forward??

Posted on 14 years ago
Posted on 14 years ago

From turbojerk

I’m having very annoying issues with the Bass drum spurs on my newly acquired ’58 WFL kit. First off they are in crappy condition and the biggest problem is that they won’t hold/maintain their position any longer and I’m constantly chasing after them. I know that there are a ton of factory and aftermarket replacement spurs available, but replacing the old ones with any of these would most defiantly mean drilling new holes in the shell. I naturally don’t want to drill anything but then again I want something that is stronger than the originals ever were to begin with and of course something that will maintain their location adjustment….Anyone care to make suggestions one way or the other before I move forward??

Please post a pic of the ones your using now?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From pjn1375

Good idea and I did try those since my other project '68 Ludwig had them and I wasn't too impressed with them. There's nothing that I hate more bass drum creep...

Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Please post a pic of the ones your using now?

Not the best pic or angle but it what I have at the moment...

[IMG]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4653/46522890.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

Are your bass drum mounted or clamp on spurs? here's a pair on my Wfl Cludbate bass drum are yours like these?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Are your bass drum mounted or clamp on spurs? here's a pair on my Wfl Cludbate bass drum are yours like these?

Thats exactly what my kit has...

Posted on 14 years ago

From turbojerk

Thats exactly what my kit has...

So what exactly is the problem?? I use mine and love them, I'm a hard hitter, but I've learned over the years how not to move my bass drum while beating the **** out of it!

Posted on 14 years ago

sounds like a bass drum Anchor would be a winner for you. Ludwig, Gibraltar and Cannon all make one. 20-45$. one is all you need.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got those same spurs on a transition 14x22 Duco bass.I plop my drums down on industrial grade office matts with a thick rubber base and close nap carpet on top.My favorite is one I stole from a Junior College in L.A. back in ' 72.They last forever and you can really dig the spurs into them.No cpeep for this creep.Sumo Dude

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here