Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

'57 WFL Black Oyster

...bought these new, a knowledgeable friend told me that someone did an expert job at recovering these. A lefty drilled holes in the kick to move the consolette / rail over. Sizes are 22, 13, 16. I also have the snare. The snare has a P85 which I assume was not used in that year. The b.d. spurs have been replaced and I'm not sure if any other parts have been restored or replaced.If other parts have been replaced they've been so to match the original (except the throw off) I've been gigging on this kit for 13 years and am ready to part w/ it. I will get pictures up asap but what parts of the kit should I photograph? Without pic's, does any one have any idea what I could ask for them? They look new. The badges are Keystone WFL.

thank you

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sounds nice....as you probably know, the after-factory alts will drop the market value (even though they have made the kit more playable, practically speaking).

I would say, w/o seeing pics....probably around $700-800 or so. I mean, a vintage shop would tag it at $999, but not in this economy, dude.

If it were original wraps and a few less alterations, you could probably touch $1000...but I don't think in this instance.

Pics would help.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I always liked the vintage Oyster pattern much better than the Ringo one.

By replacing the strainer with a replacement original, and maybe the spurs too, you may be able to up the selling price $100-150. So the question becomes whether this covers the cost of attaining the vintage parts.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Not a terrible idea...I think you can certainly land WFL spurs and an old strainer for under $100 on eFlay....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here