Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

50s/60s BEVERLEY KIT

Good Morning,

I rarely post to this particular forum, since my interest is in vintage American-Made drums.

However, the other day I was given the opportunity to purchase a vintage Beverley Kit for $500.00 and am trying to determine whether or not it's a "reasonable" price.

The kit itself consists of a 22 inch bass, 12 inch rack tom,and 14 inch snare. Also included are the bass drum spurs and mounts, a cymbal mount and rod, and a tom mount on othe bass drum.

All drums are in NEAR MINT condition and are in a flat-out GORGEOUS sparkle finish that I've never seen before. It appears to be a combination of silver, gold and champagne, if you can imagine it. The wrap is flawless, with no fade whatsoever and all hardware is original and in pristine condition.

The snare drum has the "beverley" logo badge on it, which is underlined, while the bass drum and the tom have the round beverley badges in gold with white print.

The shells are also immaculate.

I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about non-American made kits and am hoping to get some feedback from the "experts" out there.

Would a kit like this have ANY value on the market place?

THANKS in advance for your help!Keep on Pl

Posted on 16 years ago

I think the price is on the high side,but given its condition,it sounds like a nice find.Its not a Gretsch or Rogers,but nice drums.I believe Premier is the parent company.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

From your description, $500.00 may be reasonable. Buying it for that to re-sell, however, may not be as profitable at that price.Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Without the floor tom - Which is probably impossible to find - (well, it might show up on Ebay some day)

Be careful! Not everyone likes a set without the floor tom...

can you snap a quick photo?

David

Posted on 16 years ago

That's a good point...I missed the no floor tom part of the description. But...weren't there some of those older kits that came standard WITHOUT the floor tom? Chewie:

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Oh yeah!...not all kits came with a floor tom.It wasn,t until the 60,s that they became standard.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

Beverley were indeed a company ran by Premier drums in the UK for approx thirty years til the end of the 70's. $500 is very steep, basically what you're getting is premier top line shells that were sometimes 'seconds' with cheaper hardware and hoops (very cheap hoops) fitted. They can sound as good as most vintage kits to be honest, and record very well.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here