Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

50's PEARL KIT (All Calf Hides )

Hi Everybody,

Here is a picture of one of Pearl Industries first kits , i mentioned some details about the kit in my last posting .But i thought i would add this interesting little detail.The kit came with it's original heads as mentioned , except for the snare , and now here is where it gets interesting.I firstly tried to fit a normal remo head , but when i tightened the tension screws the snare shell started to buckle under the stain , the reasons were , the shell is very thin , and the lugs are only 1and 1/2 inches long , just could not take the strain of a plastic head , so i quickly repaced it with a calf hide . looking back on the whole thing i realized that these kits were just not made to handle rock music and plastic heads , this maybe the reason why the Pearl and Star started to manufacture thicker shells.

Phil (Japanese Drums Downunder )

Posted on 16 years ago

Wow! What a great and rare example of an early Pearl set. How does it sound? Are you going to post pics of all of your sets? I hope so. This era of import drums is really interesting to me. Thank you.

Isaac

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here