Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Refurbished Gretsch. I spend many night taking these drums apart and cleaning them. Also had to re glue the wrap on the tom and floor tom. All drums have new calve skin heads by earthtone.

Posted on 9 years ago

Thank you for sharing your beautiful kit with us, they are awesome !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, very nice. How did you end up getting the wrap back on the floor tom?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 9 years ago

From jccabinets

Yes, very nice. How did you end up getting the wrap back on the floor tom?

Please, do tell....?

Kevin
Posted on 9 years ago

Wow! That's a beautiful kit. I especially love the snare drum. You did a really good job on these.

Posted on 9 years ago

For the floor tom we first tried heating the wrap with hair dryers to see if we could stretch it. That didn't work and we didn't want to melt it. So, since the wrap was off only by a small amount we got ready to glue it down as close as we could get it and then carved the small amount of wrap off so the holes would line up. Once the glue had set we put the lugs back on. If you look very closely you can see the color difference where the finish had faded and a very small "hair line" that once hid under the lug which is now exposed. This was the best option we could come up with to save the original wrap. Thanks for all the compliments, this was a fun restoration and they sound so warm and deep.

Posted on 9 years ago

Wow, outstanding work! I (and everyone else here) really admire your patience for reusing that original wrap. I tried that once and did not get it done so I know what a challenge it is.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 9 years ago

Looks great. I don't think anyone will notice that hairline color difference. I am just glad you got the wrap back on there. If you saw these drums in person they are really a gem. The wrap has faded to a beautiful Ivory. Not really yellow, from what I remember.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here