Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

50's, 60's and 70's ludwig drums

Hello - my name is Pat and this is my first post here.

If this is the incorrect forum for this question, please let me know.

I recently bought some older Ludwig drums that I believe are from the 50's, 60's and 70's and I have no clue what they may be worth.

They are in pretty good shape for their ages except for some dirt and tarnish on the hardware.

Below is a list of the drums I have and what info I can gather - would anyone be able to give me a ballpark re: their worth? I know you can't give a good estimate w/o seeing the drums but even a SWAG would be helpful for me.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

Bass ser# 771835 paralellogram badge 1969 (no holes in this drum for legs)

Tom ser # 785292 " " "

Tom ser # 1753887 " " 1978-79

Tom no ser # Keystone badge

Floor Tom ser # 883589 " " 1971 (stamp inside 3/16/71)

Floor Tom no ser # Keystone Badge w/ WFL on it

Bass Drom no ser # Keystone badge w/ Ludwig on it

Floor Tom no ser# no badge stamped 11/64 in side

Posted on 17 years ago

Dimensions and color/finish make a huge difference in prices.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

i'm not a drummer so i'm not sure my description will be accurate but here goes:

I have 4 drums that appear to be a pearl finish - the bass is 23", the floor tom is 16", one tom is 13" and one tom is 12"

I have three drums that have another, pearl like finish, different than the other. The bass is 23", Floor tom is 16" and one tom is 14"

I have a red/brown sparkle floor tom 16"

Does that help?

Sorry to be so uninformed about drums - i'm a lowly guitar player.

Thanks again for any assistance - I'm going to sell these drums but do not want to be taken - I just want to get an idea what they are worth - I mean, a couple hundred? more, less - I really have no idea.

Pat

Posted on 17 years ago

Just speaking generally, if the badge says WFL it is from the '50's, a keystone badge (same shape as the wfl) that says ludwig is from the '60's, and a blue/olive badge (not keystone in shape at all) is '70s.

Uou mentioned you had a 23" bass drum...make sure you aren't including the hoops in your measurement, as that will add about an inch to a half inch. You most likely have a 22" or possibly a 24". Bass drum sizes are almost always in even numbers (ie: 18, 20, 22, 24, etc.)

Pearl coverings are pretty popular, with White Marine Pearl (WMP) being one of the most popular, and still one of the more desired finishes, as they were used by many of the big names...Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, etc. )

Other pearl finishes exsist (black diamond pearl, blue sky pearl, etc.) It really all depends on what a particular drummer wants, and there is no concrete formula for determining which is most valuable.

Hope that helps you a little bit. Detailed pictures are the best way for anyone to really help you. The information I just posted is just a starting point. Good luck .

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago

thx for the replies - i appreciate it - can anyone give me a clue re: relative worth - if I sell all these drums for $300 - am I getting screwed? Is that too much? I really do not know.

pat

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here