Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

40's Radio King tom muffers which color?.......

I need to buy a couple dual mufflers for my 40's RK kit. For the 13" and 16" toms no badges on either. Both drums have the early small "super lugs" or beavertails. I'm not sure which is the correct felt muffler colors. Red, green or black? Since I need to buy a few I figure I'd try to get the correct ones.

Thanks,

Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Hi,

I think you need the red ones. My '41-42 has a red muffler. Also, Coopers Vintage Drums website has a section on pedals, hoops, mufflers, etc and they say that Slingerland used double red in the early 40's and then switched to gray after WWII. I've seen a few on ebay recently too.

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 12 years ago

From Rob Cook's, The Slingerland Book:

"By 1936 the Harold R. Dodd muffler had two pads and was availabe in chrome (#1081) and nickel (stock #1080). Like the earlier single-pad version, each pad had a cup washer stamped "Singerland, Chicago, ILL." The felt color was usually yellow, red, or green. Around 1942 the cup washers were eliminated and felt color was usually grey."

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks guys for the great info!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here