Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

40's Olympic drumset

I have a 40's olympic made in england drumset and i want to know an average price to sale it. (i think the snare drum is not the original but a 1959 model) It is in original condition with animal drumhead and german cymbals....

I could send some pictures.... could someone help me...

Posted on 18 years ago

Pictures and descriptions of the drum sizes and condition would really help

David

Posted on 18 years ago

some pics where you can see details...may be it could help you.

thanks for your replay!

Posted on 18 years ago

This has to be the oldest Olympic kit I have ever seen!

Based on the drums and condition I would say $300 - $400

Not much demand for Olympic drums in the US in relationship to the

big US drum companies like Ludwig, WFL, Slingerland, Gretsch, Leedy, Camco and Rogers.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hmm, Geez, Deja Vu, all over again

I did see this kit on French Ebay awhile back, Alexander, if I remember right

Ok, The snare is Olympic from the mid-late 50s, this badge was used for a very short time.

The rest of the kit has been open to question, it is definitely pre-WWII. Judging by the way the tube lugs are positioned on the toms and bass, I would say Carlton. I really don't think it is an Olympic kit, Olympic back in the '30s had full width tube lugs and large winged tensioners and the first mention of Olympic bass drums was in 1937, I believe. Look around the washers where the tube lug bolts attach to the drums, see if it says Carlton on the washers. I have a Carlton King Bass from the 30s and Carlton is inscribed on the washers.

Also, no drum production from 1939 to the late 40s on Premier and Olympic drum

It's just a weird kit, I've had many discussions with drum collectors in the U.K. about this kit and we were just discussing it last week. In fact I emailed you awhile back to see if you still had it.

Regards, CJ

Posted on 17 years ago

Well, no response from this guy. I think you need to charge an appraisal fee

They just shoot in and slam, bam, no thank ya mam and gone Mind Blowi

Posted on 16 years ago

Well, I can confirm that the holder on this kit is a Carlton and that's as far as I've gotten electricit

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here