Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

40-50's Slingerland floor tom leg mounts... need measurements.......

Well I have been looking for 3 Slingy floor tom mounts without much luck. Guess these are a bit difficult to find. Until I can find some I have thought about making my own. Just flat bar stock, 4 bends, 5 holes, eye bolt and wingnut. Can someone who has a original mount please give me some measurements? I need to know...........

Thickness of the bar stock looks like 3/16". Just need to confirm width of the mount and thickness of the bar steel used.

Length of each section. Does not need to be exact just close to get me in the ball park.

Size of the holes drilled to mount and for tom legs to pass through.

Centerline of the mount holes on my tom are 2 1/8" so it's a fairly small bracket.

Here's a pic of what I'm trying to make. Anyone that can help I'd be very grateful~! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

I took a close look at the tom shell this afternoon. I was able to see from the witness marks in the wrap the bracket is 1" thick and top and bottom edges are rounded. I'll head to Home Depot tomorrow and see what they have in flat bar stock. I drew a pretty good diagram of what I thought it's like. I'll do a mockup in thin aluminum sheet first to be sure the spacing is right and there's room for the leg to pass through ok. If anyone can add anything please do. More to come................

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here