Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

4 Piece Pearl Modern Jazz kit on Ebay

So I joined a new band playing keys and sax so to offset some new gear cost I've been selling a few odd and end things on Ebay from my personal stash. So I'm offing my second to last wood set (keeping just my Tama kit) and it's an old Pearl Jazz kit here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300601335527

No cymbal hardware, just drums and stands and my question is, should I take pics of the complete insides? I took inside shell pics but just of parts of the drum as that way I got a close up. I don't want to sink a lot of time into something that isn't gonna go for that much, but I thought I'd ask.

After this goes I'm gonna off my Pintech kit and then start to work through what cymbals I really want to keep. It's amazing how after 30+ years of playing live music how I have like 20 cymbals in various places in the house. Sold a couple last year when I sold my Vistalite kit and it felt like giving up a first born....

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Rather than working hard to represent it thoroughly on Ebay, I would just try to sell it locally on Craigslist. I have a feeling the shipping costs will keep the bidding low, since it's just a lowly MIJ kit. Just my personal sense of it...

Posted on 13 years ago

Nice kit!

I like a vintage WMP set which makes me nostalgia whatever it is MIJ.

Good luck for your sell!

Posted on 13 years ago

From evan

Rather than working hard to represent it thoroughly on Ebay, I would just try to sell it locally on Craigslist. I have a feeling the shipping costs will keep the bidding low, since it's just a lowly MIJ kit. Just my personal sense of it...

Ya I actually ran a Craigslist ad, but I must have been asking too much ($275 obo with a cymbal, kick pedal and hi-hat) and all I got were emails asking if it had more cymbals or does it have a stool/throne or would I sell just the floor tom and one asking where the other ride tom was (THAT was funny.) Oh and I got an email asking to donate it to something I'd never heard of before (most likely a Craigslist scam.) I figured a $15 worth of boxes and packing popcorn and an hour of my time would at least send it somewhere where I'd hope it wouldn't get treated like the people I bought it from a decade ago (sitting unused in the back corner of a massive walk-in closet with shoes stacked on it.)

Posted on 13 years ago

Fair enough. I definitely know the Craigslist market can definitely be a finicky one...!

Posted on 13 years ago

BG:

If the shipping werent so high, I would be interested myself.

Posted on 13 years ago

Here are some of the pix for posterity. Wish I were in a position to drop the hammer on these. I am a sucker for a Jazzer in 3 ply shells, whether they are Star or Pearl.

Well, I lost the danged pix! Where oh where did my little pix go...oh where oh...nevermind...

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

From Retrosonic

BG:If the shipping werent so high, I would be interested myself.

Ya, I know. If I pull all the lugs and heads from the ride tom and the heads from the snare and floor toms I could Russian puzzle it into a single box. Would someone want to purchase it in puzzle form? Hmmm, I'll add that to the auction text.

I'll attach some of the pix for posterity.

Posted on 13 years ago

Just sent a PM about this!

Posted on 13 years ago

I am a proponent of the Russian puzzle shipping method myself- when I ship sets from the US to Japan I often only have that one option due to international restrictions- As I have written here before in other threads- I remove every piece of metal hardware and then nest the shell with a single thin layer of padding - even a plastic bag between each shell is enough to keep each from rubbing ( of course lots of padding around the outermost shell). Then I bag up the parts in a baggie for each of the different drums- then ship as 2 boxes- one with shells heads and hoops and one for metal parts. It has worked great for me.

I myself would love this kit but have just no more space until I get a bigger studio- it is in great shape and someone who really cares should grab her up.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here