Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

311 Come Original!!

From mcjnic

TOTP - Top Of The PopsThis BBC show started life in 64. It focused on the top POP songs of the day. First show featured:The Rolling StonesThe BeatlesThe Dave Clark FiveThe HolliesDusty Springfieldand othersThe point here is POP music is just that ... what is popular of the day that pushes the creative and technological envelope. Rock and Roll, Classical, Jazz, whatever.

I'm not arguing the definition back in the day but that's not the definition NOW!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

pop is short for popular. you cant define its contents because the music does that by what happens to be popular at the time. it dosent conform to any specific genre. at the same time some things just sound popish regardless of their popularity on the chart. things like chord progression, hooks, melody, and other stuff make us identify them as such. 311 fit the pop bill for me because they use familiar beats,chords,melodies. however they are a rock and roll band. any band can be pop but they are always going to be identified with another genre.

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 14 years ago

People you have already hijacked this thread, this is a 311 thread, if you want to debate the meaning of Pop or whatever start your own thread!!!!!!!!!!! Soap Box

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Chad sexton, clip cool stuff!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrGtL7vJEY&feature=related[/ame]

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here