Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

$3,000!? Could it possibly be worth it?

I think I must be very conventional in some ways. I checked out the Symphonic and it reminds me of one of my wife's salad bowls with the bottom cut off. I can't help being glib. The Stanbridge, it looks like a basketball court.

If I had a chance to play one, I might have a shot at adding some intelligent commentary. So don't go by me.

I'm waiting for delivery on an lightly used Ayotte. That is about as off the beaten track looking as I'm willing to go today. If I end up not liking it, I'm sure I can turn it out at my cost or close to it.

It's a shame that these companies don't do much with the mass marketers so that we can all go in and compare.

If anyone knows of any New York area stores or venues where a person could explore all of these exotic items, I'd love to hear about it.

Incidentally, does the Symphonic come with a service plan, free tuning, heads and lug lube for 50 months or 50,000 miles (or strokes)?

G

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

For me I never buy the "limited edition" or trophy snares if I cant play them without worrying. Also because of david (thats right im blaming you :P) I have noticed that newer drums just dont do it for me. So now I cant walk into a drum shop and look at snares I have to search ebay every day. hahah. Dont worry I appreciate it David. But who needs gold on a snare drum? It is designed for aesthetics, but I dont play drums with my eyes. Also these days when anyone says its limited edition i think "limited to how much of the product the company can sell." Because thats how it is today, everything is MASS PRODUCED! And its amazing that we will pay $4k for a snare drum that is made by a 1. drumstick company 2.company that mass produces products.

No thanks i'd rather spend my paycheck on ebay. :-)

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here