Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

3-sheets Discontinued Abalone wrap

I agree with Thornbeck; so cool to see things come together.

As to the restoration, if you have two overlaps due to using two pieces, you would effectively make the diameter of the drum slightly larger. If the head was tight before it will be tighter still now. If that is the case you may opt to notch one or both of the overlaps where the head sits on the drum. On the other hand it may be just fine as is.

On another note, if anyone was interested in Abalone wrap, there was a gentleman selling a large DW kit in that wrap a couple of months ago. I believe it was a 22-8-10-12-14-16. The wrap was cracked and split so part of the deal was rolls of abalone to re-wrap the kit. I nearly bought the kit as those are great rental sizes but I could not use the wrap as it is not neutral enough for a rental kit. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find the link to the seller. The kit was taken off eBay as the price was not going high enough for him.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

Alex wrote to me, he got the wrap! Hopefully we'll all get to see some shots of the snare after it's dressed in its new suit! Jumping2

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Alex wrote to me, he got the wrap! Hopefully we'll all get to see some shots of the snare after it's dressed in its new suit! Jumping2John

That is great. I love it when things work out like this!

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

OK, the project is complete, and I think we did a pretty good job. In addition to re wrapping the snare we took the opportunity to give the whole kit and good clean.

I did as you suggested with the seams and they aren't noticeable under the 2 lugs. The pictures aren't the greatest but I took one of the snare on it's own and one with the rest of the kit in a Iso booth we have in our garage (hence the dim lighting).

It's so cool to have a matching kit and thanks for hooking us up with the perfect match!

Now I just need to figure out how to get these pictures to show up as attachments.... hmmmm.

Cheers,

Peter and Alex

From tnsquint

That is great. I love it when things work out like this!

Posted on 11 years ago

This is the final photo of the snare. The seams are hidden by lugs, so it looks perfectly smooth. I'm so glad to finally have this drum wrap, thanks PurdieShuffle!

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Wow, Alex! It looks killer! I've been away (sick as a dog/flu) and I only now got to see the drum. You guys did a bang-up job on that snare. I'm so glad I had enough of that stuff around for you to complete your kit. Win/win all around!

Enjoy the kit for many years to come, buddy... thanks for posting the 'after' photo, I was dying to see how it turned out.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

great job alex. it looks killer. well done you guys!

mike

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here