Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

24"fibes Virgin Bass Drum-is This A One Of A Kind??

Because Of Some Low Funds Right Now,i Am Going To Have To Be Selling My Early Fibes Chrome Over Fiberglass Drum Kit.

This Kit Has A Factory 24" Virgin Bass Drum Included,and In My Travels I Have Never Seen Another One?? In All Of The Factory Catalogs I Have Never Seen Another One,as I Recall It Did Not Even Have An Option To Be Able To Order One??

Is It Possible That This Is A One Off?? Does Anybody Know How I Would Be Able To Check Something Like That Out??

Would It Bring Up The Value Of The Kit If It Was A One Off??

This Kit Is Also Unique In The Fact It Was An Early Production Run And Has The Rogers Swivomatic Hardware From The Factory For The Mount Toms Which Are On A Seperate Stand.

This Kit Is Also The Rarer Chrome Over Fiberglass Model.

Need Some Help Researching This One!!! Any Fibes Experts Out There?

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

What are the tom sizes with the 24"??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

mount toms are 13" and 14",floor tom is 18" also have an sft snare to match

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

I have three Fibes kits with 24" bass drums. One is chrome, one is black Fivel and one is regular black wrap (all fiberglass shells). The Fivel one is virgin, the chrome one has a Slingerland-type tom mount on it (not sure if it's original or not--Fibes did use something like that at one point) and the regular black has the not-so-solid nylon ball mount that was proprietary to Fibes. I think virgin bass drums were a custom order thing, but I'm not sure that they were particularly rare. Fibes was small enough that they would do pretty much anything that was asked of them.

Posted on 14 years ago

Back in 74 there was a place in NYC called Professional Percussion Center. I bought my woody Slingerland set there. None of the drums were drilled for any hardware. And there were rooms full of drums stacked to the ceiling. Anyway I could of had any brand and type of tom and mounting hardware I wanted. I stuck with the Slingerland tom mounts but almost went with Rogers hardware as I liked the ball/cup rotation on the tom mounts. This was pretty much a custom shop where anything was possible. And they had it all. I see your in New York and perhaps this was the case with your Fibes set? I almost bought a Fibes set back then. Cobbham played them and he was a favorite of mine (and still today) but went with the Slingerlands. Just a thought unless Fibes was directly related to Rogers? Anyhow sounds like a cool set.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 14 years ago

I forgot to mention that my Fivel kit is the same configuration as your chrome kit: virgin 24" bass, two toms on a Rogers double tom stand (factory installed Swivomatic mounts on the toms), 18" floor tom. The only difference is that my kit has two 14" toms instead of a 13" and 14". It appears that this was the original config. I usually use only one of the 14" toms and play it as a 4-piece.

This is the best sounding set of large-size drums I have ever owned.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here