Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

22" Black Marine Pearl bass drim hoops?

To make my 50?s WFL Black Marine Pearl set 100% complete and original I?m looking for 2 22? bass drum hoops. I will also consider 60?s or 70?s era hoops of different brands as long as the BMP inlay match?s the 50?s WFL inlay. I though these would be pretty common on e-bay but have been searching for a long time with no luck. Can anyone help me out here?

Posted on 16 years ago

I think I?ll reply to my own post here. I found some black diamond pearl (don?t know why I was calling it black marine pearl) hoops apparently off a 1971 bass. Can anyone tell me if the Ludwig wrap in the early seventies was the same style as the wrap used in the mid fifties? I remember seeing a 70?s set in BDP that looked very different to my 50?s wrap, the ?chip? pieces looked a lot smaller. It?s hard to tell what style of wrap is in the inlay of these hoops because it?s so narrow. Is it wrong to restore a 50?s set with 70?s hoops? I don?t think I?ll ever find the matching 50?s hoops. Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated.

Posted on 16 years ago

Ive heard Lawton drums in Penn. is real good at matching Ludwig marine pearls & sparkles fromm bygone days..Coffee Break2

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here