Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

20x16 ludwig bass drum in the blue olive era ?

Did ludwig ever make a 20x16 bass drum 3ply in the blue olive badge era... ??

I'm looking at a kit for sale but the 20x16 bass drum size is throwing me a red flag am i mistaken is this a correct size ??? sizes are 20x 16 12x8 14x14 blue olive badges rewrapped as black panther tom rail consolette and curved spurs neat kit but bass drum size seems suspicious to me

any ideas or help ??

Posted on 1 year ago

Not a standard size during that era. Not to say, Ludwig couldn't have made one as a custom order. Are you able to inspect the drums in person?

Posted on 1 year ago

No Unfortunately Not I'll try to get him to send me pics of the inside of the shell to see if there are any plugged up holes from a 20 " floor tom or any other clues to what is going on the drum does have re- rings though

Posted on 1 year ago

John Bonham's maple thermogloss 26" bass drum was 15" deep so they made at least one bass drum deeper than normal back in the three ply days.

20" floor toms were 18" deep so if it started its life as a floor tom it will have had 2" cut off and the rering relocated. You should have at least one row of lug screw holes still visible even if that is the case, not to mention floor tom leg mounting holes, so it should be easy to spot.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here