Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1980s singerland 9 piece

listen i been trying to get the lowdown on this drum set a friend is willing to sell me for $400, from the 1980s and it's a 9 piece with no bottom rims, seems like a decent deal, the badge shows its made in niles illinois

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Someone else can verify this, but I think it's a late 70's Jupiter kit. That's my feeble guess. Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

Someone else can verify this, but I think it's a late 70's Jupiter kit. That's my feeble guess. Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

wow, 70s huh, i would like to use it for recording, anyone here yield any good results?

also is it worth $400

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes. It is definitely worth $400.00. I will say that the single headed concert toms are not as 'valuable' (whatever that means) as the double headed toms. But, it is worth four bills.

Posted on 15 years ago

Are those smaller toms 8" and 10"? or 10 and 12? either way, those smaller slingerland toms are hard to come by.. i would pay 400 for these drums. maybe convert some of the toms to double headed. do the floortoms (or floortom..i dunno how many you have) have bottom heads?

Posted on 15 years ago

From bbeyer

Are those smaller toms 8" and 10"? or 10 and 12? either way, those smaller slingerland toms are hard to come by.. i would pay 400 for these drums. maybe convert some of the toms to double headed. do the floortoms (or floortom..i dunno how many you have) have bottom heads?

you guys are awesome, well i want to set these up for my recording studio kit, as you can tell by my name i'm a bass player with a modest home studio, and it seems to me it would yield great results *BECAUSE* it has no bottom skins, therefore no unwanted resonance, and with me now running pro tools i have sweet plugins that will give it verb (SPACE) as if it had a bottom skin with a ring as long as i need it to ring, so i think i'll buy it tomorrow. also the mounts look in really great shape

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here